Saturday, November 24, 2007
Rockin' the Suburbs
Seth loves music. The band Coldplay has a song called The Scientist, and there is a bunch of falsetto crooning at the end. Seth LOVES this song. Our band played it at church one Sunday, and so we had it playing around the house quite a bit. Seth can now hit all the right notes on the falsetto part. Pretty great stuff. This is Seth practicing his falsetto...
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We have so many reasons to be thankful, so I thought I would take a moment to list 5 things I am thankful for today:
1. We watched the movie "A Mighty Heart" about the Daniel Pearl kidnapping and murder in Pakistan, and I am thankful that I was born into a Christian family in the good ol' US of A.
2. Unexpected little gifts. Steve came home yesterday with a new CD for me. Colbie Caillat, and the CD is called "Coco", which is what my nephews call me.
3. Heat on demand! It is cold here (currently 37 degrees), and I am thankful that we have heat in our house.
4. Old friends. I spent some time with Beth (Roark) Stewart this week. Beth and I were roommates in college, and she married a guy named Mike that I grew up with. They live in Oregon and have 2 boys that are very close in age to Seth and Caleb. So we had one girls night and had a cup of this and saw this movie. Such a fun movie! And then we got the boys together to play one morning. It is always fun to spend time with people that you go way back with and have time to catch up.
5. Hand-me-downs. A friend at church gave me 3 huge bags of boys clothes last Sunday, and I was just going through them tonight. It is such a blessing to have clothes given to us for the boys, and everything that she gave us is so cute, too! Bonus! I have enough that I am taking one big bag with me to church tomorrow to pass along to my friend Leah that is in the process of adopting 4 boys. Yes, you read that right. She is in the process of adopting 4 boys, all at the same time, all 4 years old and under. Here is a picture that Steve took recently of her family:
Aren't they all precious! God has truly blessed them with some amazing boys, and they are being the hands and feet of Jesus to some little ones who needed a place to belong and be loved.
Steve is still in a "photography" mood. Yay!
This next series is of our busy bee Caleb. He is a climber! He loves this ride-on-toy Tow Mator from the Cars movie that Grammi and Grandpa gave to Seth. His favorite thing to do is stand on top of the seat and bob up and down to show us his balancing skills!
A rare smile caught on camera.
I love this picture. I have been trying to capture what Caleb's hair does when he gets on the trampoline, but my camera was not doing it justice. His hair goes CRAZY with static.
Next up...pictures from Grandma Terri's (Steve's Mom) visit to Texas!
Posted by Courtney at 10:41 PM