Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mr. Turkey

I am thankful for my first ever turkey...




I am thankful that I found all the gross stuff inside that was supposed to come out beforehand.

I am thankful that I never dropped it, since a 20 lb slippery naked turkey is sort of hard to wrangle.

I am thankful that, as I was trying to tuck the wing under because it kind of freaked me out that it was swaying in the wind, I didn't gag when I heard the bone crack. But I thought about it.

I am thankful that Steve didn't drop it when I made him hold it while I rearranged the racks inside the oven (*note to self - do this first next time.)

I am thankful that, when it took an hour and a half longer to cook than it was supposed to and it STILL WASN'T DONE, my Mom was able to find enough meat off the top that was done in order to feed the hungry family. The rest had to go in for ANOTHER HOUR. Total cooking time - 6 1/2 hours

I am thankful that, after all that, it still tasted pretty darn good.

But mostly, I am thankful for God's provision in my life, for the love of family, and for days that are a great reminder of how much He loves us. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To funny!! Happy Thanksgiving! So I'm a little late....