The rules are that I have to share 7 things about myself that people might not know and then nominate 7 more bloggers to do the same.
1. I went backpacking right after I graduated from college, and we made it to all of the places I marked on this map. We stayed for 2 months, and it was an incredible experience! Looking back, I am SO glad I did that at that time in my life. I can't imagine having a spare 2 months anytime in the near future!
2. Staying with the Travel theme, I have also been to 38 states, Mexico and Canada. (Thanks for all those childhood road trips Mom and Dad!)
3. When I was 21 and doing a summer internship in the LA area, I went with a group of friends to see The Price is Right. I was the first contestant called up, I won the first item up for bid (a Lobster tennis ball machine) and I won both prizes in the Clock Game (a bed and a TV). When I spun the Big Wheel, all three of us tied on the first spin. When I spun again, I got 95 cents and tied with another girl. The third time I spun, I got a nickle. No Showcase Showdown for me.
4. I live in the house that my Grandmother built in the early 60's. My Dad was still in high school. When he married my mom, they lived here until they built a house (next door). While my sister was in college, she lived in this house. My brother and sister-in-law moved in with her for while after they got married. So, in other words, every person in my immediate family has lived in the house that we currently call home.
5. I LOVE Garage Sales. I love digging up that treasure that someone else doesn't want and I can find a great use for! I also love bargain hunting and searching the sales racks. I need to join Target Shoppers Anonymous.
6. I have an intense love of fans. When I sleep, I must have a fan on. This is really the only area in my life where I consider myself high maintenance. I need circulating air, even in the dead of winter, and I need the noise of the fan to drown out any distracting noises around me (people breathing or snoring, dogs barking, creaks, road noise). I have met several other people in my life who have the same love with the same intensity: My friend Amy's husband Josh, my friend Cindy, and Steve's step-mom Jacey.
7. When my husband and I met, we worked at Hillview Acres Children's Home in Chino, CA (home of Chino State Prison and a whole lotta smelly cows). I lived in a house with 10 girls, ages 4 - 16 and he lived in a house with 10 boys. We were friends for about 9 months, and then he accidentally sent me an email that was meant to be sent to his friend. At the bottom, it said, "You should save this email in case Courtney and I get married someday." And the rest....
So I am really tired and I am not going to tag anyone for this (I know some of you are leaping for joy as you read this.) But you know who you are, and you know I love you :-)