Friday, December 3, 2010

Proof that we are alive...

(You can click on the picture to see a larger version)

The behind-the-scenes making of this picture was quite humorous. We were on a 2 mile hike around the lake where we were camping at Tyler State Park. We perched the camera on a bridge and set the timer. It took approximately 12 attempts to get the person who was pushing the button in the picture before the timer went off.

What you can't see is that there are about 15 steps in front of us, so the distance to the camera was a decent jaunt.

I tried once, but I only made it to the bottom right hand corner of the picture...barely.

Steve tried the other 11 times, but he kept barely making it and wasn't seated fully and/or smiling by the time it went off. Oh, and there was also the small factor that Caleb got up and walked away EVERY time the flash went off. So we had to corral him back each time, which is why I am completely amazed that not only is he looking at the camera, he is actually *smiling* too!

On other notes, I have been a bad, bad blogger. If people gave awards away for neglecting your blog, I am sure I would win. With family and friends scattered from coast to coast, this is the best way I know to keep you all updated.

Here's to turning over a new leaf with more blog posts coming soon!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

YAY! Glad you are back at it! Cute picture.

Anonymous said...

Terrific photo! We took our family photo this year while camping, too. But ours was on a pebbly beach - slightly less strenuous than yours! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I've been checking and waiting on a blog post from you! Great pic of the four of you. Sounds stressful, which is completely normal for family pics!:)
Beth S.

Jen Price said...

I love your family picture!