Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Time: Ice Skating

Seth was invited to a birthday party of a classmate at school, and the party was held at the local ice skating rink. I wasn't "planning" on skating, but Steve was "planning" on me being the one to skate if someone needed to help Seth....it was his first time on ice skates.

Here is me and Seth skating. :-)

We hugged the wall for a while until we got the hang of it.

I was honestly a little afraid to get out on the ice. I haven't been skating since I was a teenager. I couldn't figure out why Steve wouldn't go out with him. I found out later that he has NEVER been ice skating before. I guess Californians don't ice skate much??

We got the hang of it, and got off the wall!


When was the last time you went ice skating?

3 comments:

Karah said...

I went ice skating in 97 at the ice skating rink at a mall in Dallas (I think?). That was the last time! What fun pics of your two - looks like a blast! :)

Anonymous said...

You both did great! Sounds like you still have some work to do getting Steve fully acclimated to Texas. :)

I think high school was the last time I was on the rink as well.

Heather said...

We took Colton skating a year or two ago. Not fun. At least, not as fun as I had remembered and it was my idea to go. That is an activity that takes muscles I don't normally use. LOL!

Glad you guys had fun though!