I found one that I thought was really fun because it had to do with guessing things about your husband and then showing him later to find out if you were right. Reminds me of the Newlywed Game, and I always thought it would be so fun to go on that show. (Minus the fighting that always seems to break out on there.)
So here it is, in honor of Valentine's Day.
"How Well Do I Know My Husband?"
1. Your Spouse is sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
This one is easy since he only follows one show on tv, The Biggest Loser. Or the Cowboys during football season. (He does watch The Office, but he watches it online because he is at band practice every Thursday night.)
2. Who takes longer showers, you or him? Hands down, Steve. He will stay in the shower for 30 minutes or more when he has time.
4. What would your husband say is the first thing that caught his eye about you? I was wearing a bandana on my head at the children's home we worked at, and he liked the tough girl look :-)
5. Where did he go to High School? Fontana High, otherwise knows as Fo High in southern California. He witnessed a lot of fights, there was a shooting and there were metal detectors at the doors of the school. This was after being home schooled for 8 years. Culture shock anyone?
6. What size shoe does he wear? 10 1/2
7. If he was to collect something, what would it be? Guitars, amps, guitar pedals, camera lenses (oh wait...he does collect those things...)
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? Bacon Cheeseburger
10. What is his favorite cereal? Golden Grahams or Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries
11. What clothing item would he never wear? Flip Flops
12. What is his favorite sports team? Dallas Cowboys, but he is becoming disillusioned with ol' Tony and Wade. Not sure that they have what it takes to get the job done.
13. Where was your first date? He blindfolded me and took me to Dana Point, CA to a gazebo overlooking the ocean. He brought a portable radio and played music and we danced. Romantic, huh?
14. What is something that I do that he wishes I wouldn't? Two things come to mind: drink soda and complain that he drives too slow
15. What is his heritage? He is Hungarian, which is why his hair is dark brown and his beard comes in red. He actually had someone come up to him at Starbucks and ask if he was Hungarian because of this.
16. You bake him a cake for his birthday, what kind? A real, thick New York Style Cheesecake, definitely not a Jello No-Bake Cheesecake out of the box which I found out in our first year of marriage is NOT a real cheesecake!
17. What could he spend hours doing? depending on the season of life he is in, sometimes playing guitar, sometimes reading and other times surfing the internet
18. What is one unique talent he has? He is an amazing musician. He can take an older song and rearrange it into many different styles (Santana style, country, reggae) and then direct a whole band full of instruments on how to follow him. He can also imitate each instrument with his mouth (drums, keys, guitar, sax, bass) so that they know exactly what he is talking about. Many people marvel at his mouth-instrument skills.
19. Where is his favorite place he has traveled? This one is hard. I am not sure if he would say Yosemite, because he loves National parks, or Pakistan, because he just got back from there and had an amazing experience.
20. What do you love most about him? (The last question was actually something different but I would rather talk about this :-)
Steve is an amazing person. He first and foremost loves God with all of his heart and wants to honor Him in everything that he does. He would do anything for me and the boys. He sacrifices a lot of his time and energy and works an extra job (teaching guitar) so that I can stay home with the kids and not have to work.
He is a very disciplined person and sets a great example for our family. He is one of the most trustworthy people that I have ever met. He doesn't cut corners or do things half-way; when he commits to something he puts everything he has into it. He is creative and really, really talented in the areas of music and photography. He is a great father who cares passionately about our children and he is raising them to love God.
We have been together for 8 years (married for 7) and I would still rather spend time with him than anyone else. He makes everything more fun!
I am so thankful for my husband today. God blessed me with one of the best!