Monday, February 9, 2009

Husband of the Year

Just wanted to give a shout-out to the husband of the year...who just happens to live at my house :-)

(Isn't he cute?)

Yesterday I was sick as a dog.  Couldn't get out of bed kinda sick.  I haven't been that sick in a long time. When I did venture out of my bed, I felt like my head weighed 100 pounds, my eyes ached if I looked to the left or the right, and I was extremely light headed.  So I just stayed under the covers about 97% of the day.

I was so thankful this hit on a day when Steve was at home.  He took care of everything, lunch, dinner, bedtimes.  I heard this morning that Caleb threw up last night in his bed, and Steve had to change him and the sheets and I didn't hear a thing of it last night while all this was going on.

He even locked the bedroom door because the boys were going through mommy withdrawl and kept wanting to come in and bounce on the bed and talk really loudly, really close to my head.

I am feeling better this morning and feeling very thankful for my husband.  Who, by the way, didn't feel that great himself yesterday but still took one for the team.  

Thanks babe!  

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yay Steve! I am sorry you were so sick Courts.... :( I have had a head cold the last few days too... but nothing like what you had.

It seems like Caleb has been throwy up sick a lot lately? No? Am I making that up? Poor baby boy...

Love you and Love that you have a precious husband in Stevie. ;)

julia d. hull said...

Awww...sorry you were that sick Courtney. :( And so sweet for giving the hubby props for taking care of everything, way to go Steve!

Jen Price said...

I love that he blessed you like that and that you wrote such a beautiful post honoring your husband!