1) No one is looking at the camera. It doesn't have that Olan Mills over-posed look.
2) The angle. I love me some camera tilt! This one is great because the angled horizon gives the shot a lot more creative interest, but we aren't SO tilted that we look like we are falling out of the picture.
3) I love how Steve and Seth are looking at each other, and Seth has his hand up on Steve's face. That is some good ol' fashion Daddy & Son love right there!
4) I like how Steve and I are holding hands in the middle. I just like it. I do.
5) And my most favorite thing about this picture is...Caleb's hand. I love the way he is holding onto my finger. I love how small his little hand looks on top of mine. He is usually such a little bulldozer, not much of a snuggler. So I love how this seems to capture him in a moment of unusual calmness and affection. He is my baby and he is already 2 1/2 years old!
Thanks for indulging me while I talk about my own family picture. Gosh, I am surprised you people even come around here anymore! :-)
And, on that note, I thought it would be appropriate at this point to share a few of the pictures where we weren't looking our best. Because even though Janet rocked our socks off with these family photos, we can't be our cutest in every shot. These are some of my favorites from the blooper reel:
Steve looks really great in this one. Yah, that's about it.
Ummm...either we are members of the Happy Hands Club (name that movie!) or I think I might have been trying to brush something off Steve's shirt as he was
trying to reach for my hand.
We'll just end on this one. Seth will love me someday for posting such pictures on my blog!