Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Laguna Beach, CA

We spent a great day at Laguna Beach during our trip.  The kids were SO excited when we got to the beach.  They sprinted straight for the water and spent the first 30 minutes running at the surf, then running from the waves and screaming with glee.



This was a typical June California beach day...high of 70 degrees and the water was c-h-i-l-l-y, but that didn't phase the boys!



Let the digging commence!





Does this make anyone else feel claustrophobic? No? Yes? Mom? Ok, moving on...



Lot's of frolicking in the sand...



We took a walk down the beach to the tide pools to look for crabs.



When I saw this next picture, it reminded me of the 70's for some reason.


So I made it into a little 70's nostalgic post card...


(For those who aren't familiar with Photoshop, all I did to create this look was run Pioneer Woman's Seventies Action on this picture (takes 5 seconds).  Then I added text (the font is called Fabulous, find it here) and decreased the opacity of the text to about 70% to give it a faded/dated look. Easy peasy!)

2 comments:

Heather said...

The beach always makes for such great photos - love it! I particularly like the "frolicking" pic. Looks like fun!

Karah said...

Fun!! And I'm jealous - can you believe we haven't been to the beach since last summer??? Yikes.