Thursday, October 27, 2011

Architecture and HDR

I promise that soon we will get back to our regularly scheduled programming: cute Seth and Caleb pics.  I only have two sessions left of Advanced Photography, and this class has been stretching me quite a bit.  I don't have much experience with a tripod, and I generally prefer taking pictures of people as opposed to buildings and objects.

This week's assignment was Architecture and HDR.  I won't get into all the technical aspects of HDR, but you generally take 3 shots of the exact same thing with 3 different exposures then merge them together to create one photo with a lot of depth and clarity.  At least one photo submitted for our assignment had to be at night.

This church is just a couple of miles down the road from our house.  I loved the red door in contrast with the blue sky.


This old barn is in Fairview, TX.


This is my HDR picture taken in downtown Plano at around 9pm:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of HDR, but certainly these photos have amazing depth and clarity. Beautiful work!