Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Simple Gallery Wall

I recently made some simple updates in our bedroom. We have lived in this house for 9 + years, and we have never had a headboard for our master bedroom. My sister gave us her old one years ago, and it has been sitting in our storage shed all this time waiting to be painted.

I finally got around to painting it this past weekend. (Unfortunately I forgot to take a before picture...bummer!)


The night stands were also a bargain find about 6 months ago.


I knew I wanted to use the
chalkboard I painted a few months back above the bed. We also had some miscellaneous black frames around the house that we weren't using anymore. I laid them all out on the bed and spent some time trying different arrangements.

Once I came up with an arrangement I liked, I measured the total arrangement and figured out where it should be centered above the headboard. I did a few markings on the wall and started hanging!


The two photographs in the corners are ones that Steve took in California, and they used to be hanging in his office. I loved that they both have a lot of blue in them. Now I just have to figure out what to put in those 5 blank spaces! (Click on any image to see a larger version.)



This was an especially fun project because it was absolutely *FREE*! I used what I had at home, and we were so happy with how it turned out.

4 comments:

amber said...

WAY to go, Court! Super clean. xxoo.

Karah said...

oooh it all looks awesome!! Love all the different frames.

I'm actually trying to do that on a wall in the hallway right now. I have 4 8x10's up and I'm trying to gather a mishmash of 4x6 and 5x7s to stagger around them.

christine said...

I LOVE IT!

Heather said...

Inspiring! Makes me want to move my bed away from the window so I can do this too. Can't wait to see what pics you pick!